- Supervised by: the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
- Run by: Chinese Society for Rock Mechanics & Engineering and Chongqing University
- Editor-in-Chief: Liu Xinrong
- Edited and published by: the editorial office of Chinese Journal of Underground Space and Engineering
- International Standard Serial Number: ISSN 1673-0836
- China Standard Serial Number: CN 50-1169/TU
- Journal of Chongqing University
- Journal of Chongqing University (Social Science Edition)
- Journal of Civil & Environmental Engineering (Chinese and English Version)
- Journal of Architectural Education in Institutions of Higher Learning
- Journal of Human Settlements in West China
- Light & Lighting
- Journal of China Pharmacy-A Brief Introduction
- Nano Materials Science
- Journal of Magnesium and Alloys
Chinese Journal of Underground Space and Engineering, a professional civil engineering academic journal (bimonthly) supervised by the Ministry of Education and run jointly by Chinese Society for Rock Mechanics & Engineering and Chongqing University, was initiated in 1981 and started official publication in 1986. It was given the present name Chinese Journal of Underground Space and Engineering in 2005. Major columns of the journal include: Underground Space Development and Utilization, Studies on Theories and Experiments, Design/Construction/Monitoring, Disaster Prevention and Environment.
The most representative and pioneering academic journal on space development and utilization in China, Chinese Journal of Underground Space and Engineering is devoted to facilitating communications, both at home and abroad, on underground space development and utilization as well as new achievements related to underground engineering. And meanwhile, it is devoted to relevant problems with geotechnical engineering, in an effort to fuel the reasonable development and utilization of underground space and the constant development of underground engineering technologies in China. The journal will benefit those who’re working on urban planning, geological survey, underground engineering design and construction.
Academician Qian Qihu, the winner of the State Highest Science and Technology Awards and a well-known expert in protective engineering and underground engineering, serves as Chairman of the editorial board. And such prestigious academicians as Xian Xuefu, Zheng Yingren and Feng Xiating serve as Vice Chairman of the editorial board. With a dominant influence among China’s civil engineering journals, Chinese Journal of Underground Space and Engineering currently serves as a core journal of CSCD and has been included by GCJC. Besides, it is voted RCCSE Chinese Core Academic Journal and rated as the key magazine of China technology, and it ranks among the Class A journal of Chongqing. It has won the awards, many times, of China’s Online Excellent Journal for Scientific Papers, Excellent Civil Construction Journal and Chongqing’s Journal with Excellent Articles.